There’s nothing quite like the feeling of wanderlust. The desire to explore new places, meet new people, and experience different cultures is a passion that many of us share.
And what better way to fuel that passion than with some inspiring quotes?
Whether you’re gearing up for your next trip or just dreaming about distant destinations, these inspirational travel quotes will help to stoke the flames of your Wanderlust!
Short on time? Pin it for later!
Growing up, my father was a very good public speaker. When he spoke, everyone just seemed to listen. One thing he loved to do was use quotes in his speeches because sometimes someone else has just said it better.
These quotes resonate with me in one aspect of traveling. I hope they will resonate with you as well! You’ll find multiple categories for these “wanderful” quotes, including short, unique, and my favorite, funny quotes.
Top 10 Best Travel Quotes to Inspire Your Wanderlust
1. “I choose to collect memories instead of things.” -Elena Levon
2. “You will never be completely at home again because part of your heart always will be elsewhere. That is the price you pay for the richness of loving and knowing people in more than one place.” -Miriam Adeney
3. “Courage doesn’t mean you don’t get afraid. Courage means you don’t let fear stop you.” –Bethany Hamilton
4. “Life is like a camera: focus on what’s important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives, and if things don’t work out, take another shot.” – Ziad K. Abdelnour
5. “Don’t live the same year 75 times and call it a life.” -Robin Sharma
6. “If we wait until we’re ready, we’ll be waiting for the rest of our lives.” -Lemony Snicket
7. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” -C.S. Lewis
8. “Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.” -Maya Angelou
9. “Not all girls are made of sugar and spice and everything nice. Some girls are made of adventure, fine beer, brains, and no fear.” -Steve Maraboli
10. “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page. -Saint Augustine
Inspirational Wanderlust Travel Quotes
11. “Impossible is just an opinion.” -Paulo Coelho
12. “Every single thing that has ever happened in your life is preparing you for something that’s meant to come.” -Anonymous
13. “Forget all the reasons why it won’t work and believe the one reason why it will.” –Ziad K. Abdelnour
14. “Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen.” –Ralph Waldo Emerson
15. “A year from now, you will wish you had started today.” -Karen Lamb
16. “Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but doesn’t get you anywhere.” –Glenn Turner
17. “At any given moment, you have the power to say this is not how the story is going to end.” –Christine Mason Miller
18. “You can’t do anything about the length of your life. But you can do something about its width and depth.” -Evan Esar
19. “There are seven days in a week and someday isn’t one of them.” -Dorothy Parker
20. “Life itself is a privilege. But to live life to the fullest, well. That is a choice.” -Andy Andrews
21. “Better to see something once than hear about it a thousand times.” -Anonymous
22. “You are absolutely capable of creating the life you can’t stop thinking about. Stop living in your head. It’s time to make your dreams happen.” -Anonymous
23. “It’s a beautiful day to go after your dreams.” -Alia Bhatt
24. “Tell the story of the mountains you’ve climbed. Your words could become a part of someone else’s survival guide.” -Morgan Harper Nichols
25. “Travel is an investment in yourself.” -Matthew Karsten
Short Travel Quotes to Inspire Your Wanderlust
26. “If not now, then when?” -John Lewis
27. “The journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.” -Lao Tzu
28. “Wherever you are, be all there.” -Jim Elliot
29. “In a world where you can be anything, be kind.” -Jennifer Dukes Lee
30. “What if I fall? Oh, my darling, what if you fly?” –Erin Hanson
31. “Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire.” –Jennifer Lee
32. “Be somebody who makes everybody feel like a somebody.” –Brad Montague
33. “Insecurity kills more dreams than failure ever will.” –Suzy Kassem
34. “Today I choose joy.” –Kevyn Aucoin
35. “Great things never came from comfort zones.” –Ben Francia
36. “Jobs fill your pocket. Adventures fill your soul.” -Jaime Lyn Beatty
37. “Wherever you go, go with all your heart.” -Confucius
38. “No reason to stay is a good reason to go.” -Anonymous
39. “I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.” -Susan Sontag
40. “Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.” -Anonymous
41. “And I think to myself, what a wonderful world.” “Louis Armstrong
42. “And into the forest I go to lose my mind and find my soul.” -John Muir
Funny Travel Quotesto Inspire Your Wanderlust
43. “For me, being ‘chill’ is getting to the airport 3 hours before take-off so I can sit in a restaurant directly across from my gate and be anxious about missing my flight from there.” -Alli Brown
44. “Running to the boarding gate is my favorite workout.” –Anonymous
45. “I want someone to look at me the way I look at a travel magazine.” –Bob Hope
46. “I’ve been to almost as many places as my luggage.” -Bob Hope
47. “I need a vacation of 6 months. Twice a year!” –Anonymous
48. “The airport is a lawless place. 7 AM? Drink a beer. Tired? Sleep on the floor. Hungry? Chips now cost $17.” -Alyssa Limperis
49. “Did you ever notice that the first piece of luggage on the carousel never belongs to anyone?” – Erma Bombeck
50. “Good things come to those who book flights.” -Anonymous
51. “Don’t worry about the world ending today. It’s already tomorrow in Australia.” -Charles M. Schulz
52. Travitude (n.) – When you start to get grumpy and sassy because you miss traveling.
53. “Better an oops than a what if.” -Beau Taplin
54. “Stuck somewhere between “I need to save” and “you only live once.” -Anonymous
55. “Kilometers are shorter than miles. Save gas, take your next trip in kilometers.” -George Carlin
56. “The worst thing about being a tourist is having another tourist recognize you as a tourist.” – Russell Baker
57. “I love those days when my only decision is window or aisle.” -Anonymous
58. “Hiking is my gym workout.” -Anonymous
Adventure Travel Quotesto Inspire Your Wanderlust
“59. A person who has never made a mistake never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein
60. “If you are brave enough to say ‘goodbye,’ life will reward you with a new ‘hello.'” -Paulo Coehlo
61. “You don’t always need a plan. Sometimes you just need to breathe. Trust. Let go. And see what happens.” –Mandy Hale
62. “Spontaneity is the best kind of adventure.” -Anonymous
63. “You can never cross the ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.” –Christopher Columbus
64. “Climb the mountain. Not so the world can see you, but you can see the world.” -Anonymous
65. “Blessed are the curious for they shall have adventures.” -Lovelle Drachman
66. “At the end of the day, your feet should be dirty, your hair messy, and your eyes sparkling.” -Shanti
67. “Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goshdarn mountain!” -Jack Kerouac
68. “If we were meant to stay in one place, we’d have roots instead of feet.” -Rachel Wolchin
69. “Let’s wander where the wifi is weak.” -Anonymous
70. “Life without adventures is like pizza without cheese.” -Anonymous
71. “We are travelers on a cosmic journey, stardust swirling and dancing in the eddies and whirlpools of infinity.” -Paulo Coelho
72. “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.” -Neal Donald Walsch
73. “And so, the adventure begins…” -Anonymous
Famous Travel Quotesto Inspire Your Wanderlust
74. “Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -Benjamin Franklin
75. “Oh the places you’ll go!” -Dr. Seuss
76. “Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.” -Harriet Tubman
77. “It’s kinda fun to do the impossible.” -Walt Disney
78. “Actually, the best gift you could give her was a lifetime of adventures.” -Lewis Carroll
79. “Once a year, go somewhere you’ve never been before.” -The Dalai Llama
80. “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” -Oscar Wilde
81. “In 20 years, you will be more disappointed by what you didn’t do than by what you did.” -Mark Twain
82. “But when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing.” -Dr. Seuss
83. “Comparison is the thief of joy.” -Theodore Roosevelt
Unique Travel Quotesto Inspire Your Wanderlust
84. “Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life’s coming attractions. Imagination is more important than knowledge.” -Albert Einstein
85. “You get a strange feeling when you leave a place like you’ll not only miss the people you love, but you miss the person you are at this time and place because you’ll never be this way ever again.” -Azar Nafasi
86. “The one who follows the crowd will usually get no further than the crowd. The one who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has ever been” -Albert Einstein
87. “I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.” -Albert Einstein
88. “Surround yourself with the dreamers and the doers, the believers and thinkers, but most of all, surround yourself with those who see greatness within you, even when you don’t see it yourself.” –Edmund Lee
89. “My confession is I fall in love with so many places I’m always half broken-hearted by goodbyes. And I don’t believe in non-attachment. There’s no passion inside of that. I believe in burning and longing. And I believe we leave tiny pieces of ourselves in every place we’ve loved.” Victoria Erickson
Even More Quotes About Traveling
90. “Our reaction to a situation literally has the power to change the situation itself.” -Anonymous
91. “Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.” -Minor Myers Jr.
92. “Don’t think too much. You’ll create a problem that wasn’t even there in the first place.” –Sukhraj S. Dhillon
93. “I would rather own a little and see the world than own the world and see a little.” -Alexander Sattler
94. “Travel makes one modest, you see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” Gustave Flaubert
95. “He who returns from a journey is not the same as he who left.” -Chinese Proverb
96. “Choose someone who is home and an adventure all at once.” -Amber DeLauer
97. “I have wandered all my life, and I have also traveled; the difference between the two being this, that we wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment.” -Hellaire Belloc
98. “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” -A.A. Milne, Winnie the Pooh
99. “Live life with no excuses, travel with no regret.” -Oscar Wilde
100. “Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture your heart.” -Dayana Manrique
101. “Every exit is an entry somewhere else.” -Tom Stoppard
Rounding out 101 Travel Quotes to Inspire Your Wanderlust
I hope these have brightened up your day and given you the inspiration to get out there on the road, or at least start planning for a trip.
Have you found your new favorite travel quote? What are some of your favorites from this list? If so, please share in the comments below!
Helpful travel tips for you:
- 10 Reasons to Hop on a Plane Today
- 40 Essential Travel Safety Tips
- 25 Airport Tips for Stress-Free Travel
- The Best Travel Credit Card
- How to Travel with a Backpack (and Still Have Everything You Need)
- 33 Memorable Travel Traditions to Start Today
Liked what you read? Share it on Pinterest!
My Favorite Travel Tips + Resources
Here is a quick glance at all my go-to travel tips and resources that I use to plan every trip! For more information, check out my travel resources page.
- Booking flights: I use Google Flights to check all routes and find the best flights. Then I compare them with Expedia (for reward points) and Skyscanner (for the lowest prices) before I book.
- Accommodations: I love budget-friendly rentals or booking at a hotel where I can earn points. For hotels, I go through Booking.com or book directly with Marriott (for points + rewards). When I travel internationally, I’ll book through Hostelworld for very budget-friendly stays. For vacation rentals, I usually look through Airbnb, but you could also use Vrbo. Expedia also has some great bundles for hotels, flights, and car rentals altogether.
- Transportation: For travel in the United States, I love renting through Expedia with Enterprise or Thrifty. They have been consistent and provide the best customer service. For international travel, I’ll book through Rome2Rio or Eurail for trains or bus fares.
- Travel Credit Card: I book all my travel (flights, hotels, car rentals) through my favorite travel credit card. I also use this card for everything on my trip including dining, excursions, and souvenirs. Apart from earning 5x more points towards free travel, there are amazing benefits: no foreign transaction fees, trip cancellation/interruption insurance, trip delay reimbursement (so I can book worry-free), fraud protection, emergency assistance – it’s really a great deal! Check it out here!
- Vaccines and Medications: Check the CDC website for updates on necessary vaccines to enter a country, including updates on Covid-19 and recommended places to visit. I recommend getting all the vaccines you need before you go!
- Tours + Experiences: I absolutely love my tours! Everything from eerie walking ghost tours to food tours, I’ll usually book something every trip either through Viator or GetYourGuide. I also love LastMinute.com for very affordable tickets to theaters and other experiences in Europe.
- What to Pack: I almost always travel by backpack. For products I like, check out my packing guide page for all the things I take with me on different trips.